Why Chia Seed Pudding is a GREAT all day snack!
On the Clean Cuisine menu this week is a tiny treat, CHIA SEED PUDDING!!!
Chia Seeds come from the Salvia hispanica plant from Central and South America. These seeds were orginally used for a source of energy.
Here are some reasons why you should add Chia seeds into your meals!
1. Contains Fiber, Protein & Carbohydrates
- Inside this seed here are three of many nutrients it contains. It has 11.2 grams of fiber, 5.6 grams of protein, and 13.07 grams of carbohydrates. The high fiber ratio, helps reduce the net carbs making this a GREAT carb/protein ratio and balance.
2. Considered a Plant Based Food
- Because they are plant based they can reduce risk for diabetes, obesity, and heart disease.
3. Great for Digestion & Detox
- With the fiber these seeds contain they can prevent constipation and help with clearing toxins out of your body.
4. Substitute for Eggs
- If you are allergic to eggs or if your diet doesn't allow them you can easily substitute them for chia seeds with a simple mixture of the seeds and water.
Click the link below to find out more about Chia Seeds & order to try this next week.