Nutrition on the Go (Bone Broth)
Are you one of those people who feel you never have enough time to eat? Well if you can't eat, you can drink! Consider drinking a cup of bone broth. Bone broth is a traditional staple in many Paleo diets. Bone broth, or stock, is made from boiling and then simmering bones, organs, marrow, ligaments, cartilage, and feet over a couple days. Here are 10 benefits of bone broth.
1) Improve joint health;
2) Boost immune system;
3) Reduce inflammation and arthritis;
4) Great natural source of collagen;
5)Helps boost detoxification;
6) Quick way to add extra protein into your diet;
7) Increases your intake of essential minerals;
8) Generally contain over 15 essential non and essential amino acids which serve as the building blocks for protein.
9).The collagen in bone broth heals your gut lining and reduces intestinal inflammation;
10). The collagen in broth supports healthy skin and can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
It is recommended that you drink 1-2 8oz servings a day. Consider a cup first thing in the morning and/or definitely at night. Add flavored olive oil or balsamic vinegars or natural spices for a little more flavor.